As more and more baby boomers find themselves nearing retirement, many of these empty nesters consider downsizing into something more manageable. Moving out of the family home can seem like a very overwhelming prospect. And, once you do tackle the sale, where do you go from there? What are the options for senior living?
There are many options for seniors who are interested in living in 55+ communities throughout the South Denver Metro area. What are 55+ communities? Active lifestyle neighborhoods with a variety of low-maintenance home styles, and feature activities and amenities that cater to residents ages 55 and up. There are also quieter areas for those who prefer to stay close to home. Below is a sample of the options to consider if downsizing in Colorado.
- Located in Highlands Ranch, west of Quebec and south of C-470
- Single family and paired ranch-style homes built in the 1980s with basements and attached garages
- Gated community built around a golf course
- Near lots of walking paths and trails
- Warm and inviting clubhouse with a swimming pool and fitness center
- Access to all of the amenities and rec center facilities in Highlands Ranch
- Prices can range from the low $300s to the low $500s depending on size, location and condition
- Located just outside Gleneagles Village in a non-gated area
- Community features detached-style patio homes, with or without basements
- Surrounded by walking trails and open space, in a scenic area
- These homes were built in the 1990s, and the prices range from the $350s to the $450s
- Residents have access to all of the amenities and rec center facilities in Highlands Ranch
- One of the first 55+ communities in the Denver Metro area established in the 1970s
- Living options include condominium units, townhomes and paired patio homes
- Pricing range from the mid $100s to the upper $300s, depending on condition and style
- Built around a golf course, there are miles of walking paths
- State-of-the-art recreation facility that includes meeting and game areas, classrooms, fitness facilities, indoor swimming pool and activity coordinators
- The Rendezvous Restaurant is located alongside the rec center and is open Tuesday through Sunday
Centennial at RiverWalk
- Located on the west side of town, this community is just west of Santa Fe and south of Belleview
- 100 units of one- to two-bed, one- to two-bath condominium units with underground, secure parking
- Priced from the mid-$200s to the low $300s
- Surrounded by a golf course, many of the units have spectacular views, which can be savored during a walk on the many paths throughout the area
- Clubhouse features a dining room, kitchen, banquet rooms, full-service bar, exercise facility, library, billiards room, and an outdoor pool
- Great community feel with meeting and lounge areas
The South Metro Denver area has much to offer, below is an at-a-glance summary of the additional active adult communities to choose from. (These details are deemed reliable as of 4/10/2017 but are not guaranteed and are subject to change.) Please contact us if you are interested in a tour or learning more about senior living along the Front Range.
The Steller Group has helped many of our clients find homes in these maintenance-free communities. As a Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES®), we can provide:
For those downsizing:
- Specialized service for seniors—We offer a comprehensive and compassionate approach to helping families downsize, bringing together the needed support during the transition.
- Trusted Referrals—Experienced and efficient senior move managers, estate sales and liquidation, estate clearing, and bonded movers to assist with your belongings while offering the highest level of customer service.
- Dedicated Service & Negotiation—Our listing agents are expert negotiators with extensive market experience and genuine consideration for the client. We will do whatever it takes to make your sale successful and hassle-free.
For those interested in selling:
- Strategic Pricing—We assess and recommend improvements to enhance your home’s value. We provide you with pricing options that allow you to choose what personally works best: selling as-is, making moderate improvements or investing in renovations.
- Project Management—Drawing from years on construction, remodeling and investing experience, our listing team makes recommendations for home improvements that will bring the highest possible return on investment.
- Professional Home Staging & Photos—Free professional home staging is included for both occupied and vacant homes. Furniture and art are provided and/or existing furnishings are used. Each listing is captured with a professional virtual tour and panoramic high-definition photos.
- Comprehensive Marketing—We utilize open houses, door-knocking, social media, property brochures, direct mail and yard signs to spread the word about your home. Marketing is carefully crafted with powerful language, then spread far and wide for maximum reach.
If you are thinking of starting the downsizing process, give us a call at 303-539-5228 today to discuss your specific needs and let us help you facilitate the process.