Downsizing Done Right: Declutter, Prepare, Sell, Move
August 24 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Downsizing Done Right:
When you leave this seminar, you will have a high-level overview of the tools, best practices and action plans available to take charge of your downsizing move.
- Sorting: Develop strategies and timelines to begin the downsizing process
- Sell your stuff: discuss estate sales, buy-out companies, internet sales
- Donate: Learn which charities accept donations, and how to connect with reputable charities.
- Remove: Learn how to responsibly discard items you can’t sell or donate.
- Learn how to achieve the maximum value with the sale of your home
- Should you sell as-is, or make improvements?
- Learn critical updates that improve salability, and pitfalls to avoid before putting your home on the market.
- What improvements have the most ROI?
- Staging: buying a home is emotional. Create an environment that makes potential buyers want to live in your home.
- Marketing: How to properly market your home to achieve top dollar and avoid sitting on the market for a prolonged period of time.
- Develop an Individualized Move Plan with tasks and timelines
- Design a new home floor plan – only bring with you what will fit
- Transferring utilities/ Handling address changes
- Communicating with family and others involved
- Learn about packing and unpacking services